Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Springtime

I've been missing my boy a lot lately, with the beautiful Spring weather upon us. It is still very difficult for me to walk out in our backyard, since that is where Tucker spent so much of his happy time. His "roly poly" spots in the grass are fading and being replaced with lush green grass, which makes me sad. I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since he left us. It seems like so much longer since I last felt his soft fur or heard him breathing. We have pictures of him all over our house, and his box of ashes is on the mantle above our fireplace. I can still feel his spirit all over the house.

I read a touching pet loss poem today and thought I would share it:


Why?
That's what we ask.
The truth is, we may never
be able to know for sure why.

But we do know that there is no single
"should have done"or "could have done"
or "did" or "didn't do"
that would have changed that why.

All that love could do was done.

4 comments:

Cowgirl said...

Nice to hear from you again. Yes, it is still so hard, that I understand very well. Each time there is a reminder it is just as painful as always. I had one today and decided to write about it and that is how I came to check your blog. Thanks for the poem. It is very timely as just this morning I was asking myself (doubting myself) that maybe there was more I could have done for my girl. Then the sadness just overcame me.

That is a beautiful picture of Tucker. He looks so vibrant and strong.

ingrid said...

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately I have no words to offer in return. Just my tears in agreement to your pain, and a long deep breath to help fight those tears and face my harsh reality.

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I found your site from a comment you made on Bakarella, it caught my attention because my Son's name is Tucker.It is such a sweet name, I haven't met another human Tucker, but I have met many dogs named Tucker. It's a good name.

Sparky's Mom said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. A new friend of mine directed me to your blog, because I too am facing my beloved pet's final weeks/days ... I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, or even make myself feel better. The only thought that helps is that they are/will be in a better place and that hopefully, we'll get to see them again ...