Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What I love about Tucker ...

A very kind man who recently lost his beloved Tucker to hemangiosarcoma recommended that I write down everything I love about Tucker, while he is still with us. So, while I can't possibly think of every single thing I love about him right now, I thought I would start with just a few things that come to mind. Here goes:

What I love about Tucker:

*his soft kisses on my cheek
*the way he always has to have something in his mouth (sock, toy, anything) when Brian or I get home
*the way he smells after he has been out in the sun
*the way his paws smell (like Fritos!)
*the way he rolls on his back in the grass and lets us scratch/rub his soft tummy
*I can put a plate of food on the coffee table, right next to where he is sitting, leave the room, and he won't do anything but look at the food and drool
*the snoring-type sound he makes when I scratch under his chin and he is really content
*the way his tongue hangs out of his mouth when he watches us eat
*the way his eyebrows move when I talk to him
*the way he barks at the TV when he sees dogs or other animals on the screen
*the way the whole back half of his body wags when he is happy
*his beautiful paws
*his full, fluffy bib that makes him look like a lion
*the way he looks like Falkor (from the Neverending Story) when he lays with his chin resting on the floor between his front paws
*the pure joy on his face when he gets to stick his head out the window and feel the wind on a car ride
*the pure joy on his face when he gets to go swimming - he is such a water dog!!
*the pure, unconditional love and adoration he has for Brian and me
*the way he has been there for me, every minute of every day of the last 8 years and 8 months, living to make me happy

OK, I guess that's enough for now. I'm sure I'll come up with a whole new list sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list of things about an obviously great companion.

Heather said...

I love how he acts when I pet him-he gets so overwhelmed that, in an effort to help me out, he collapses against me pinning my arm around him and just rubs his whole body over my legs!